Dr. Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease
To learn more about this specialty program call us at 973-971-7230
This program is a natural approach to improving heart disease. When we make healthy choices, we feel better faster. People often think that advances in medicine are high-tech and expensive. They often have a hard time believing that the simple choices that we make – what we eat, how we respond to stress, whether or not we smoke, how much we exercise and the quality of our relationships – can make such a powerful difference in our health, our well-being and our survival.
This outpatient program is scientifically proven to improve and even reverse heart disease and provides you with all the tools to enhance your health. Clinical outcomes consistently demonstrate that participants show improvements in blood pressure, cholesterol levels, depression and weight.
The program focuses on nutrition, fitness, stress management, and love and support. Awareness is the first step in healing. When we become more aware of how much our choices in diet and lifestyle affect us, then we can make different ones. You have a full spectrum of nutrition and lifestyle choices.
Some benefits of Dr. Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease®:
- Feel more energy and improve your quality of life
- Lower your chances of needing another surgery
- Reduce your risk of a heart-related event
- Learn to anticipate and manage stress more effectively
- Decrease your chest pain (angina) – you may even become pain free
- Become a part of an emotionally supportive and encouraging community
- Increase the amount of exercise you can do and make it more enjoyable
- Lower your cholesterol, improve your blood pressure and blood sugar, and lose weight
- With your doctor’s guidance, reduce or discontinue many and sometimes all medications
Medicare covers Dr. Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease under the benefit category, “Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation.”
Medicare will reimburse certified providers to deliver the 72-hour training program for patients who have coronary heart disease when qualifying conditions are met including: an acute myocardial infarction (heart attack) within the preceding 12 months, or the following with no time limit: a coronary artery bypass surgery, a heart valve repair or replacement, current stable angina pectoris (chest pain), coronary angioplasty or coronary stenting, or a heart transplant. Some private insurance companies also cover this program. Please check with your insurance provider to see if they cover Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation. If you do not meet the qualifying criteria you may pay out of pocket for the program.
Call us at 973-971-7230 to learn more about this specialty program. Dates and times for cohorts change. Please call to confirm.*